Skip to main content

Managing Your Fears And Anxieties In The Work Place

Stan Popovich – All Rights Reserved Looking for all of the answers in how to manage your most persistent fears and anxieties? I deal with fear on a personal level and I found it difficult to find all of the answers in managing my anxieties. I read some anxiety books and talked to various professionals, however I still had trouble dealing with certain fears and anxieties.

Let me explain the process of how I found those answers.

I first went to my local bookstore to find those books that dealt with fear and anxiety. Secondly, I talked to various professionals in the psychology and religious fields and they provided me with additional information. Some of the techniques that I was told to use were learning how to use positive self talk, breaking a overwhelming problem into its smallest parts, and dealing with stressful situations.

An example, is when I conducted my job search. Instead of looking at the job search as a whole, I broke down the job search into many different tasks. I first developed my resume. When I completed my resume, I began to look for companies that would hire me and I submitted my resume. After sending out my resume, I then focused on the job interviewing process. During my job search, I performed each of these tasks one at a time which prevented me from getting overwhelmed.

In order to deal with stressful work situations, I was told to first take a small break and to begin by taking a deep breath to relax myself. After taking a deep breath, I should do something to distract myself from the current situation. I was told to read something for a few minutes, listen to a song on the radio, read some affirmations, or go outside to get some fresh air. This distraction can clear our heads and help us refocus on the task. Personally, I keep a list of positive quotes in a small folder or notebook and carry it around with me in my pocket or book bag. Whenever I feel stressed at my job, I stop for a few minutes and read my notes. This helps to relax me and makes me feel better.

I made it a point that every time I would experience a fearful or anxiety related situation, I would use the information in my notebook to help me. After the anxiety would go away I figure out what techniques worked and which ones didn't work. In every anxiety related situation I experienced, I began to learn what worked, what didn't work, and what I needed to improve on in managing my fears and anxieties. At the same time, I would continue to talk to various professionals to learn and to become better at managing the many types of fears and anxieties.

The main point of this article is that no matter how difficult it is to manage your fear and anxieties, the answers are out there if you look hard enough. It might take some hard work and persistence, but it is possible to find those techniques that work for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Reduce On-the-Job Stress

Does your job stress you out? If you find your tension level going through the roof while you’re at work, give yourself a break. Reducing stress can be as simple as stretching your legs or organizing your desk. So chill out and learn creative ways to de-stress on the job!

How Low Do You Go?

A sluggish economy. A tight job market. Tons of competition. Recruiters overwhelmed with resumes. How can you get any attention under such difficult conditions? Will you be forced to take a lower salary just to get back to work? In this job market, when salaries are slipping, your salary expectations should have some flexibility. But you don’t have to give up everything just to get a job. It’s all about how you market yourself.

Focus Your Internet Resume to Get Attention

When you post your resume online, you want it to get noticed. But how can your resume—one of literally hundreds facing recruiters every day—draw enough attention to get you an interview? It’s all about focus. Step into the recruiters’ spotlight by tailoring your resume and using online tools to get the attention you deserve!